Skip to main content

First Teaser Trailer for Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur"

Image via GalleryHip

The first teaser trailer for Disney-Pixar's The Good Dinosaur has been released and it hit all the right notes. As most teaser trailers, this one didn't show too much. In fact, the first half of the trailer is spent looking at meteors in space. Yet about halfway through, we are asked what would have happened if the meteor that killed the dinosaurs never actually hit the planet, and then we get our first look at dinosaurs from the film as they casually look up from their food to see the meteor shoot by over their heads.

After that scene, we are shown a bunch of action shots from Arlo and Spot's (our protagonists) adventure. There is no dialogue in this teaser and we never get a clear shot of our heroes. In fact, the one real shot we get of them comes at the very end and it comes in the form of a side shot as they are running through a mountain. But even though this teaser is very limited, it kept me smiling all throughout it. More importantly though, it made me very interested and that is ultimately the goal of a teaser trailer. Big thumbs up to this trailer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Captain America: Civil War" Cast and Plot Revealed!

Image via BuzzFeed If you thought that you would have to wait until Avengers: Infinity War to see the team in action once again, guess again. The official cast for Captain America : Civil War has been revealed and it is looking mightier than Thor himself. Let's rundown the announced cast: Chris Evans as Captain America, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, all of which have been with us since the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then we have the new members of the team with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlett Witch, and Don Cheadle as War Machine. This will be the second movie in a row in which we will get to see Paul Rudd as Ant-Man and the first time we will see Chad Boseman as Black Panther, before getting his own movie in 2018. Sebastian Stan will be returning as the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes. Emily VanCamp will be back as Agent 13, as well as Fr...

8 Movies To Watch in October

Image via IMDB It's October, which means that Halloween is right around the corner. I love this time of the year and horror movies are some of my favorite movies to watch so I thought I would come up with a list of essential movies to watch this month. These movies have all been around for a quite a while and you might have already seen them all or at least most of them. However, if there is even one movie on here that you have not yet seen, then I hope I can encourage you to go out and give it a try. Please note, this list is not in any specific order. 1. Halloween  (1978) I think I would be remiss if I didn't kick this list off with John Carpenter's original Halloween  movie. This is a movie that was shot in only 20 days with an extremely low budget of $300,000, but it was so incredibly effective in terms of causing fear in its viewers. This is one of the great horror movies and has undoubtedly stood the test of time. This movie, actually the entire franchise (e...

Jurassic World Review

Image via Joblo.com *THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* When the original Jurassic Park came out, I was not yet born and therefore I don't know what it was like to see it in theatres for the first time. After watching Jurassic World , however, I think I have a pretty good idea of what that must have felt like. In many ways, this movie was a lot more terrifying than most horror films nowadays. I honestly don't remember the last time I watched a movie in theaters that had my heart pounding as much as this one did. One of the things that this movie did so well was create the same wonder and awe that the original did, while staying original and keeping up with its time. We are thrown into this world where, due to scientific improvements, humans are able to produce dinosaurs and a theme park is finally built around them. The problem that these scientist and park operators are dealing with, however, is having to deal with a generation of people that is constantly asking for th...