Skip to main content

New Trailer and Poster for Crimson Peak

Image via IMDB

Universal has released a new poster and trailer for their upcoming horror film, Crimson Peak, and they are both fantastic! First off, the trailer does exactly what a trailer should do which is create interest in the film. I have always loved horror movies and I have seen the change that this genre has undergone through the years. This is now a genre that relies heavily on very generic stories and very cheap and dull attempts at scaring the viewer. There have been very few truly scary films in recent years, and Crimson Peak looks to be one of those. This trailer showed us mysterious characters in the form of siblings portrayed by Tom Hiddleston and Jessica Chastain as well as terrifying creatures that you would come to expect from director Guillermo del Toro. But what stood out the most to me was the fact that there seems to be an actual story driving this film, rather than being a horror film that tries super hard to scare you without really developing an intriguing story. This does not appear to be the type of horror film that was made simply to attempt to scare its audience before being tossed aside to make room for the next "scariest movie of the year". Instead, this looks to be the type of movie that will haunt you (no pun intended) and will leave you wanting to see more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jurassic World Review

Image via Joblo.com *THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* When the original Jurassic Park came out, I was not yet born and therefore I don't know what it was like to see it in theatres for the first time. After watching Jurassic World , however, I think I have a pretty good idea of what that must have felt like. In many ways, this movie was a lot more terrifying than most horror films nowadays. I honestly don't remember the last time I watched a movie in theaters that had my heart pounding as much as this one did. One of the things that this movie did so well was create the same wonder and awe that the original did, while staying original and keeping up with its time. We are thrown into this world where, due to scientific improvements, humans are able to produce dinosaurs and a theme park is finally built around them. The problem that these scientist and park operators are dealing with, however, is having to deal with a generation of people that is constantly asking for th...

Classic Movie Monday (Christmas Edition): Home Alone

For most kids growing up in the 90s, Home Alone was THE Christmas movie to watch. This is the story of Kevin, an 8-year old kid who gets forgotten at home when the entire family leaves to Paris for the holidays. As a result, he has to fend for himself while also protecting his home from intruders. Macaulay Culkin as Kevin was a representation of what most kids wanted to be, which was totally independent and the smartest guy in the room.              There are certain films that you can watch and no matter how much time has passed, it still feels like a story you could tell today in the exact same way as it was told back then. This is not one of those films. Home Alone very clearly a product of its time. It’s like digging up a time capsule from the 90s and seeing what the world, or just movies in general, were like. The entire premise and the way it all unfolds would probably never work in today’s world. I mean it barely work...

The Best and Worst Films of the Year (Pre-Oscar Season)

With the "Oscar Season" about to start, I thought I would give a list of my favorite movies of the year so far as well as the most disappointing ones. This list will obviously only contain films that I have seen so movies like Ex-Machina , Me and Earl and the Dying Girl , and Dope , which all seem like terrific movies, will not be on my list because I don't yet have an opinion on them. This list also reflects only my opinion so it will look a lot different than your list or somebody else's list, but the beautiful thing about film is that it is subjective and everybody will have different opinions. So while you may not agree with my picks, others might. There is no right or wrong list when it comes to movies. I will start off with my 3 most disappointing movies before talking about what I feel are the top 10 best  movies of the year so far. So without further ado, here are my lists: Top 3 Most Disappointing Films 3. Aloha Going into this movie, I thought there co...